The power of this approach is in identifying where the body's energy is out of balance. A horse may be lame in the left rear, while the problem lies in the neck or even with the teeth! When we locate the blockages, we can use that information to see what else might be going on in the body.
Here at Grand Adventures Ranch, we use, and teach others, the BioScan® Light Therapy System. BioScan® is a unique diagnostic and therapeutic system proven effective in the assessment and treatment of a multitude of acute and chronic equine ailments.
Locating the Problem
First, the horse is scanned with the BioFind. The BioFind is the key to our amazing results. No matter which therapeutic modality you choose, optimal results depend on knowing exactly where to apply the therapy.
The BioFind is a revolutionary device that locates injured or problem areas. When living tissue is damaged or injured, there is a change in electrical resistance in the tissue relative to the surrounding area. The BioFind locates these areas by reading variances in electrical resistance in the tissue.
The BioFind locates compromised areas such as sore muscles, tendons, nerves and joints. More importantly - it can also help locate internal problems by detecting active acupuncture points which point to specific issues. When used in an ongoing fashion, the BioFind has great value in helping prevent problems, by often detecting electrical changes before obvious physical damage occurs.
Providing Light Therapy
Now that we know where to treat - we use the BioScan BioPack. The BioPack delivers photodynamic light precisely tuned to specific frequencies proven to accelerate the healing process. These specific frequencies of light have been shown to:
- Stimulate cellular reproduction
- Relax muscles and stimulates nerve transmission
- Stimulate acupuncture points and immune response
- Provide relief of minor pains and aches
- Provide an improved range of motion
- Provide an increase in local blood circulation
- Stimulate tissue granulation and connective tissue projections, which are part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissue.
- Stimulate fibroblastic activity which aids in the repair process.
- Increase RNA and DNA synthesis. This helps damaged cells to be replaced more promptly.
- Increase vascularity (circulation) by increasing the formation of new capillaries.
- Stimulate the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
We offer Six Day Certification Classes where students are certified in both basic BioScan Light Therapy and Photopuncture.